Solar System in Motion at Preschool Storytime

At my last preschool storytime we did a Moon theme, because of the upcoming eclipse. I found a lot of great ideas from Johnson County Library.  One of the cutest ideas they gave me turned out to be this activity acting out the solar system and singing about it. I caught it on video:




(tune: Farmer in the Dell)

The Earth turns around, the Earth turns around,
Once a day, every day, the Earth turns around.

The moon goes round the Earth, The moon goes round the Earth,
Once a month, every month,The moon goes round the Earth.

The Earth goes round the Sun, the Earth goes round the Sun,
Once a year, every year, The Earth goes round the Sun.

The stars are all around, The stars are all around,
Here to there, and everywhere, The stars are all around

My library is working on putting together at least 20 STEAM storytime themes and I can add this one to the mix. If your library has done any storytimes that have been really STEAM-related, please share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bat Signals

Citizen Science Kids Can Do at Home

Exploring the Night Sky: Astronomy Festival for All Ages