Cube Bubbles

I've been doing science activities in the public library for the last couple of years but realized today that it's time I started sharing them with the wider world!

I'm thinking what I'll do is post what I learn or what projects I can make from books. I may not post every day or every week, just when I have something worth posting.

Today's picture worth posting is of a cube bubble blower I made after reading about it in this book:

Truly a wonderful book every library should own!

After reading that you could do this, I simply had to try it myself. And then I had to share it with the kids in my Curiosity Machine class!

First the bubble makes a square shape inside, but if you can manage to catch another bubble in it as you put it back into your bubble mixture, the result is a cube!

Try it at home! I used craft wire to make mine. You could try making different kinds of prismatic bubble holders (pyramids, dodecahedron or other polyhedrons) and see what kinds of bubble shapes you can make inside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bat Signals

Citizen Science Kids Can Do at Home

Exploring the Night Sky: Astronomy Festival for All Ages